Management Training Program
- Price: $7,950.00 + GST each for more one or more trainee (52.5 direct hours of teaching and training)
- Location: At participant’s business location – Lower Mainland
- Program Content: 15 – 90 minute live interactive presentations over approx. 6 months at participant’s pace
- Project Tutorial Time – 30 hours of 1-to-1 via phone/internet or on-premises when coinciding with a lecture
- Participants should expect to invest an additional 80 hours to complete the reading and 11 projects.
- Textbook: ROCK SOLID – How to Strengthen Your Company
- E-Learning: Manuals, examples, articles, videos.
- Travel to and from the Participant’s Place of Business – Depends, range: 10 to 40 hours
A Certificate of Completion will be generated by Rock Solid Business Development Inc. and presented when participants complete the program requirements.
This is a training program designed for owners and/or managers of companies. Expect a direct application of relevant training. (DART)
It’s much more than a classroom approach: participants first gain knowledge and then develop their business skills & abilities as they work on the 11 projects that directly involve the company. Many people don’t do well in classrooms. They learn best when working with relevant material in their own business environment.
This program is ideally suited companies facing one of three challenges:
- people are being promoted to management with no time to train them
- the company is facing a rapidly expanding business opportunity and needs to keep up
- major changes are on the horizon: succession planning, or new ownership, or stronger competition in the marketplace
A word of caution – participants must learn and do or they will fail. The trainer provides the content and the templates, but does not do the work involved.
The program’s methodology is to introduce new knowledge using a presentation/lecture approach and then blend the knowledge into relevant projects that the participants are responsible for completing. This parallel learn and do approach maximizes the participant’s skill development.
The more relevant the projects the better, With this program the projects address the current real-world challenges the participants facing.
Developing High-Level Core Competencies
- Learning, building and implementing the innovative Company Accountability Manager (CA³M) process for the coordination of all of the department’s activities. This is a proven approach using well-established project management techniques. Participants will be able to adjust and adapt the CA³M as their company changes and grows into the future.
- Learning and using a process for efficiently systemizing a company right through to effective delegation and managing managers.
- Participants will develop the ability to hold effective meetings. They will also design the communication flow throughout their department.
- Develop effective Job Descriptions
- Developing Performance Reviews that work well for both the employees and the company.
- Introduce and use the Gallup Workplace Strength Assessment as a tool for creating employee engagement.
Grading and Certification
There are 11 projects of equal weight. Each will be graded for both quality and implementation.
30% of the total course mark for project quality and 35% of the total course mark for project implementation. They will be graded as they are submitted.
There will also be a final exam worth 35% of the total course mark that covers the business concepts in ROCK SOLID – How to Strengthen Your Company.
The three sets of marks will be compiled into a letter grade and a certificate will be issued.
Management Training Program
The Three Main Elements
Company Accountability Manager (CA³M)
The CA³M is a roadmap for organizing and systemizing entire companies for smooth operations and growth. There are a surprising amount of ‘moving parts’ in any company and the CA³M delivers a proven methodology for monitoring and improving them.
Every company has an optimal point for the amount of organization and regulation they can effectively work with. Most managers typically see their ability to keep their department organized get swamped somewhere between 5 & 15 employees. The CA³M is a valuable tool for regaining the appropriate balance. The ability to update it and use it to hire and train employees will continue to be useful well into the future.
It also provides a system for systemizing companies.
The projects related to the CA³M and the company’s systems will be graded for both level of completion and overall quality.
Implementing the CA³M also involves a step-by-step process for effectively delegating accountability and responsibility into the appropriate levels for the company. Typically the largest expense for most companies is human resources. Building a strong, engaged team is a project with valuable returns. Participants will be evaluated on effective delegation and employee performance planning.
The CA³M is a framework for discussion and learning like no other. The 6 projects involved take approximately 90 days for the participant to complete, but the result is well worth the effort.
Learning Objectives & Projects
- Read chapters 25 through 30
- Understand how a Company Accountability Matrix works and why they’re beneficial
- Developing an ‘inventory’ of all of the company’s functions – PROJECT
- Determining the Frequency of the functions
- Evaluating the ongoing performance of the functions – PROJECT
- Assess if a function needs a system and or policy
- Develop a systemization strategy for the company
- How to write an effective system and write a minimum of 6 systems – PROJECT
- How and when to delegate the writing of systems – PROJECT
- Delegating accountability and responsibility – PROJECT
- Following through on delegating accountability and responsibility
- Determining the appropriate communication required for each function – PROJECT
- Ensuring the communication takes place
- Managing managers – a key challenge
Learning Objectives & Projects
- Create Job Descriptions that will achieve the results determining in the CAM – PROJECT
- Ensure the company can afford your Human Resource requirements
- Holding effective meetings – PROJECT
- Develop & implement Performance Plans for Employees – PROJECT
- Deliver a minimum of 3 Employee Performance Reviews – PROJECT
Creating a Strong Workplace
Learning Objectives & Project
- Hold a Gallup Workplace Strength Assessment & review – PROJECT
- The Theory of Expectation Management: companies are ‘Hubs of Expectations’
- Develop an awareness of emerging conflicts
- Conflict resolution strategies